Safety 1st Step and Go Travel System
|Product Name:||Step and Go Travel System|
|Age Range:||0 - 5 Year|
|Product Dimensions:||28.9 x 27.9 x 21.5"|
The Safety 1st Step and Go travel system is widely regarded as one of the easiest stroller travel systems to open and ticks all the boxes as far as inclusions go. You truly get the full package here with the onboard35 infant car seat, the stay in car base unit and of course the famous and unique “Step and Go” stroller. Not only does this great little travel system offer you everything you could need as a new parent, it does it all at a fantastic price too. There are not too many travel systems including an infant car seat that come in under $200 but this one does. If you are looking for a travel system on a tight budget then the Safety 1st Step and Go travel system could well be the one for you.
Who should buy this?
The Step and Go Travel system is ideal for any young family with a newborn. The Onboard35 infant car seat is suitable from 4 up to a healthy 35 pounds and the large and comfortable stroller can comfortably and most importantly, safely carry your little one until they reach 50 pounds. This means the stroller is good for even the larger toddlers, so you don’t need to worry if your son or daughter is a fast grower, you will still get some great use out of this travel system.
The important stuff
- Onboard35 infant car seat (ensure you buy the full travel system including this if you want it, for best value)
- Great quality impact protection on both sides of the car seat
- The seat padding is washable
- Excellent sized sun canopy for protection from the elements
- Convenient infant insert for smaller babies or infants (provides extra comfort)
- Great leg room
- Stay in car base unit has 5 different angles to adjust for different car types
- Swivel wheels crafted from foam to help with maneuverability and a smoother ride
- Ergonomically designed hand grip
- Seat pad is machine washable and drier friendly
- Two cup holders in the parent tray
- Window in the canopy o you can see your little one at all times
- Excellent storage basket with great accessibility from all sides
- Self-standing once folded
- Super easy fold and locking functionality
- Ability to unlock without using your hands
- Single click functionality when attaching the car seat to the stroller
- Weight – 16.5 Lbs including the base unit
- Measurements – 29” x 17” x 22.5”
- Weight – 20 Lbs
- Measurements – 34” x 22” x 42”
- Infant car seat
- Stay in car base unit
- Instruction manual
- Excellent sized canopy to provide good protection against the elements. This also has a useful peekaboo window to allow you to see your baby at all times
- The handlebar is situated at a nice height for parents of pretty much all heights (this is not adjustable so you may want to try and test one out before you buy)
- Super roomy seat on the stroller it measures approximately 13 inches wide, 17 inches from the front of the seat to the back and a healthy 25 inches from the back up to the canopy at the top.
- The stroller has a 5 point harness (as you will know if you have read a few of our reviews, we much prefer a 5 point harness, these are much safer and more difficult for your little one to squirm out of)
- There is a really good sized snack tray included with this travel system, a distinct rarity on some of the more expensive travel systems but this budget one has it included so no need to buy any extra cup holders for your baby here
- The Step and Go also has a great little parent tray underneath the handlebar that includes 2 cup holders and a small tray perfect for placing you purse or cell phone
- Although, this isn’t really an all-terrain stroller the wheels do OK on pretty much all surfaces. We would recommend that you use the locking function for the front wheels when on grass, gravel or any other uneven surfaces for better handing
- Super large storage basket underneath the seats and it is really easily accessible from all sides, this is a great plus!
- The parking brakes are really easy to use and we feel they are solid and reliable
- Undoubtedly the biggest plus for the Step and Go is of course the easy fold, lock and unlock feature on the stroller, probably the easiest we have reviewed!!
- If you buy the travel system you get the car seat and base unit too, it’s a cracking deal for under $200
What’s not so great?
- Not a full recline on the seat in the stroller so you will not be able to place your newborn in the stroller without the car seat (not a major issue as we recommend you use the car seat for safety anyway, at least the first few months)
- As mentioned earlier, the handlebar is not adjustable on the stroller so not great if you are a taller than average parent
- The wheels are a little small so the stroller can be a little bit of a handful on uneven surfaces
When we did the full seat reviews, we definitely believe the Safety 1st Step and Go travel system is one of the best value travel systems available today. For around the $200 mark there are very few systems that will come with a base unit, an infant car seat and a stroller. Not only is it great value but it is also a great quality little system too. The stroller is super easy to use, comfortable and best of all has the 5 point harness for safety that we love. The car seat should be compatible with pretty much any vehicle as the base unit has 5 different angle settings. So, if you are new family with a newborn and you are looking for a good quality travel system on a budget, then the, Safety 1st Step and Go travel system could well be perfect for you!Check other user Amazon reviews, feedback and prices here