Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Reviewed Here
|Product Name:||Pria 85|
|Age Range:||0 - 5 Years|
|Product Dimensions:||29 x 23 x 21"|
The Maxi Cosi Pria 85 is the largest and has the longest weight usage range of all the brand’s little family of car seats for children. As you probably know, this is a European brand. Not only that, they are the bestselling brand in Europe and have been for some time. As the Pria 85 has such a long age range for a convertible seat (once you factor in the rear-facing function and the forward facing function it spans over 70 pounds) it does start a little higher than most convertible car seats. The 85’s minimum weight requirement is 14 pounds which is around 5-10 pounds higher than most seats of this type. This means it is not suitable for newborns and you are probably best to not use this seat until your baby is around 4-6 months old.
If you are familiar with other Pria models you will notice there are not too many differences between the two models (aside from the higher weight range of course). Both models come with LATCH technology, 3 positions of recline on the base, the cup holders and of course the excellent cushioning and head/neck protection Maxi Cosi are renowned for and is highlighted in our detailed review of this infant car seat. The key differences the holders for the harnessing the 85 has and the easy to remove cover for washing it has also.
- Excellent weight and height maximum usage on this seat. This means you can use it for many years to come, making it great value
- There are an impressive 9 different positions for the harness and no rethread
- The AirProtect technology within the headrest and wings is excellent and is super comfortable. This will really help your little one if they are sleeping in the seat
- I found this model very easy to install into my car
- The depth of the seat is pretty reasonable, even when in rear-facing mode. This is great for passengers in the front
- The side sections of the car seat are lower than some other brands. This means the placing of your child and removal of them is easy as pie
- The padding throughout the seat is excellent meaning it is very comfortable, even on longer journeys
- LATCH technology can be used right up to 40 pounds. This could not be easier to use
- There are useful harness holders, these are great when you are trying to put your child in on your own or with something else in your hands.
- Removable cover that can be washed in the machine
- Approved by the FAA for use on aircrafts
What’s not so great?
- If you are not using the base be aware there is no lock off function for the seatbelt
- Not suitable for newborn babies so you would need a different seat for the first few months
- The rear-facing function is limited to 40 inches (not really a huge negative)
- No EPS or EPP foam is used on this seat
- Rules regarding the recline function can be a little confusing but not a deal breaker
For those of you out there that plan to use an infant car seat for the first 3-6 months of your little one’s life the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 is on the money for you. It provides excellent max weight and height limits both on the forward facing functionality and the rear-facing function too. This means that you really should get at least 5-6 years of use from this seat, possibly more depending on the speed at which your child grows.
It has a bunch more features and upgrades when compared to the other Pria models and all for a price-tag that sits just under $250. This makes it, in my eyes, excellent value for that lifespan I mentioned earlier. If you could the value with the excellent comfort and safety reputation the brand has, this really is a great buy.
Read more reviews & check the best prices