Maxi Cosi Mico AP Reviewed Here
|Product Name:||Mico AP|
|Age Range:||0 - 18 Months|
|Product Dimensions:||17.5 x 18.5 x 25.5"|
The Maxi Cosi Mico AP is the newest offering from the brand for newborns/infants. As with most of the Maxi Cosi brand’s products this is an excellent product that provides a wealth of safety features and of course great comfort. The most impressive thing about Maxi Cosi is that it manages to provide high quality products at a price that is affordable to most families. This is probably the main reason they are the bestselling brand in Europe and growing rapidly in the US (despite the seats being slightly different in the US due to different regulations).
As the Max Cosi Mico AP is an infant seat, it only has a rear-facing function. The height and weight restrictions on this product are pretty standard for this kind of safety seat. You can safely travel with your baby from 5 up to 22 pounds. This means you should have no problem straight from the hospital, even if your little one is a bit premature. The best and standout feature of the car seat is the weight, it is the lightest seat in its class at just 8.6 pounds making it super easy to carry your child, even without the help of a stroller.
- As alluded to earlier this is the lightest seat for infants in the premium category
- AirProtect technology provides you and your child with excellent impact protection on all sides.
- The “stay in car” base unit is super easy to use when you are clicking your child seat on or out of the car
- Fantastic quality materials and padding used throughout the seat for excellent comfort
- Cozi-Dozi™ insert means your baby gets the extra support he or she needs when they are very small (straight from the hospital and for the first few weeks/months is recommended)
- The canopy is built in so easily accessible whenever you need it (whether in the car or on the move)
- You will receive the adapters you need to use this seat as part of a travel system for ultimate convenience. It is compatible with Quinny and of course Maxi Cosi Strollers.
- You can also obtain adapters for other brands of stroller if you need them. This is great as you are not tied into Maxi Cosi strollers if you don’t want
What’s not so great?
- There is not a no rethread harness system on this seat. This is not the end of the world, but is a problem for some users
- No locking off functionality for use with seatbelt. I don’t see this as a problem as I would always use with the base unit anyway
- The level to judge the correct recline is not great
- No angle indicator on the base unit. This can be a little unnerving, you may want to ask an expert to help you fit.
- I found the covers for the harnessing a little too large for newborns
Overall, the Maxi Cosi Mico AP is not a bad offering from the brand and in our opinion is one of the best baby car seats for newborn infants. It is well priced at just under $200. You also get an excellent level of comfort and safety that you would expect from such a respectable and famous brand. There are however a few issues with the harnessing that could be a problem for some of you out there. If you are looking for a good value and safe infant car seat then this is a good option. If you think the large harness covers and continuous harness that does not have a no rethread function is a problem, this could not be the seat for you.Check user reviews and prices for Maxi Cosi Mico AP