Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster
|Product Name:||Nautilus 65 LX Booster|
|Age Range:||2 - 8 Years|
|Product Dimensions:||18 x 20 x 28"|
The Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster is one of the newest combination harness high back booster seats from Graco and is packed with a number of new and exciting features. If your child is nearing the changeover from a standard forward facing or convertible child seat to a booster, you will know it is quite a nervy time and you obviously want your booster seat choice to be as safe and secure as possible. The great thing about the combination harness boosters is they exhibit some of the safety features of your forward facing car seat for as long as you need it but then switches to a booster to provide your little one with a feeling they are being promoted to a bigger child’s seat (so they feel nice and grown-up). The key difference between this model and the earlier Nautilus booster seats is the 3rd crotch strap position that many parents have been hankering after and Graco have finally delivered. The Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster ticks all the boxes required for a safe and comfortable Stage 3 product.
Who should buy this?
As this is a combination booster seat you can really get some great value from the Nautilus 65 LX. While in forward facing mode you can safely place your child from 20 pounds up to 65 pounds. Highback booster mode can be used from 30 pounds up to 100 pounds and finally the backless booster option can be used from 40 up to 120 pounds. The height limits are also important for this booster. Forward facing is 27 to 49 inches, High back is 38 to 57 inches and backless is 40 to 57 inches (these are approximate of course). As you will know from our previous reviews, we do recommend that you keep your child in the rear-facing mode as long as you can. So if you currently have a rear-facing seat please keep them in this up to the max weight limit before you switch.
The important stuff
- Height for the lowest harness option 12 inches
- Height for the tallest harness option 18 inches
- Triple crotch strap options – 5.5inches, 7inches, 8.5inches
- Height measurement – when the headrest is in max it is 20inches up to the lower part of the shoulder belt
- 5-point harness: although the min weight requirement is 20 pounds or 1 year old we do not recommend you use this seat at that age, most safety experts now recommend forward facing for 18 months and above or even 2 years old if the height permits
- Highback booster mode can be used from 30 pounds. Again, we recommend this isn’t used until your child is a little older/heavier/taller
- Backless booster mode can be used from 40 pounds, again we recommend waiting a little longer before switching to this option
- No-rethread harness
- Headrest has 5 positions/locations
- Triple crotch strap positioning
- LATCH anchor technology
- EPS energy absorbing foam used throughout
- Frame reinforced with steel
- Base has 3 different recline positions
- Comes with 2 cup holders and a storage area/cubby hole
- While using the 5 point harness the seat is approved by the FAA for air travel
- Lifespan of 10 years
- Combination booster seat
- Instruction manual
- As this seat provides 3 different seating options it means there is a fantastic lifespan (probably up to 8 years depending on when your start using and how fast your child grows of course)
- Fantastic value for money at just a shade under $170 (which such a great lifespan of use this really is a great buy)
- As this is a forward facing car seat AND a booster seat you get the 5 point harness for as long as you wish to use it making it nice and safe until you are ready to switch to the high back booster mode
- EPS energy absorbing foam is used in the seat for excellent safety in the event of an accident
- The absence of a rethread harness means adjusting the harnessing couldn’t be easier
- We found the Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster super easy to set up and use, which is always a big plus for us
- Useful and included cup holders and small storage area too, this is a great help for drinks and snacks on the move
- There are 3 recline positions to help you adjust the seat as your child grows
- LATCH technology for ease of installation
- 5 different headrest locations to adjust with your child’s growth rate
- FAA approved for air travel
- Well-known and trusted brand
What’s not so great?
- We feel the minimum weight limits are a little too low, especially for he forward facing car seat option. As advised many times, we recommend you keep you child in rear-facing seat(s) as long as you can.
- As with any kind of convertible car seat the Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 is a little on the heavy side. You will need to take this into consideration if you plan on switching it from one car to another regularly.
Overall, after our car seat review, we feel this is a solid option for anyone looking for a 3-in-1 combination booster. As with most of the Graco products, it is well priced and well built on the whole. Just bear in mind what we have mentioned about the minimum weight restrictions, we (and many other parents out there) truly believe these are a little too low and therefore not that safe if you follow them (despite what the law actually dictates). However, if you keep your child in a rear-facing seat up to the max requirements of that and then switch up to the Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster we see this as a great value buy at just under $170.Best Prices & More reviews - Click Here