Graco MyRide 65 LX Review 2016
|Product Name:||MyRide 65 LX|
|Age Range:||0 - 5 Years|
|Product Dimensions:||27 x 20.8 x 26"|
The Graco MyRide 65 LX convertible infant car seat is a well-priced and reliable infant car seat that provides you with a great lifespan due to the extended rear-facing and forward facing weight/height maximum limits. As you probably know already, there are a huge number of different convertible car seats available to buy today and the prices can really vary quite drastically depending on the brand that you choose and of course the various safety specifications that you opt for. The great thing about the Graco MyRide 65 LX convertible infant car seat is that it offers a good mix of everything without breaking the bank.
Who should buy this?
As with most convertible car seats you get a good range of usage from the MyRide 65 LX. When in rear-facing position you can safely travel with your child when they weight from 5 up to 40 pounds and then in forward-facing mode you can use from 20 up to 65 pounds. The great feature about the MyRide 65 is the 40 pound maximum weight on the rear-facing option, this is higher than most other convertible car seats available in the US and thus allows you to keep your child in the safer rear-facing position for longer.
The important stuff
- Rear-facing mode can be used until your child weighs 40 pounds
- Meets all of the rigorous US safety standards for car seats
- Child headrest and infant insert can be removed as and when required
- Installation is made super easy with LATCH technology and an indicator to check on the level
- Super safe 5 point harness with front access for ease
- Total weight 15.8 pounds
- Measurements – 26inches x 20.8inches x 27inches
- Max weight for forward facing is 65 pounds or 50 inches (one of the highest height max)
- Fully compliant with ALL side impact protection regulations
- US safety standard met
- FAA certified for air travel
- Cushion is removable and machine washable
- Multiple colors and designs to choose from.
- Two cup holders fitted and standard
- Convertible car seat
- Stay in car base unit
- Instruction manual
- We found the Graco MyRide 65 LX convertible infant car seat super easy to install thanks for the LATCH technology and easy to follow instructions
- The legroom when using rear-facing mode/function is impressive, even as your child grows and nears the maximum height restriction you should have no problem
- The seating position for both rear and forward facing options is high as compared with other models/brands. This gives a superior view for your child, especially when they are using the forward facing option
- Dual cup holders as standard is a nice option and pretty rare to be honest
- Nice deep shell means that this is a great option for larger children and toddlers, they will have plenty of room
- We thing the MyRide 65 is a great value car seat at just under $120. There are not many great quality convertible infant car seats in this price range
- Trusted and decent quality brand. Graco are well known for providing well-built and most importantly, safe, car seats and child products at an affordable price. This helps to provide you with much needed peace of mind
What’s not so great?
- The padding, although OK, is not quite as generous as some of the more expensive convertible car seats available in the US today
- The rethreading straps can be a little bit of a pain to be honest. We do much prefer convertible car seats without rethreading straps (but for the price we can forgive this)
- When installing the MyRide 65 LX it can be a little tough to get a super tight fitting on the base unit. This is quite common with a number of parents though and not just specific to the Graco MyRide. If you are really struggling it’s best to get a friend or family member, have an extra set of hands to stabilize the seat can be a great help
Overall, we feel the Graco MyRide 65 LX convertible infant car seat offers fantastic value for anyone looking to buy a convertible seat on a budget. At under $120 you really do get a lot for your money, especially considering the extended weight restriction on the rear facing option and of course the impressive 65 pound weight limit on the forward facing function and of course the great reputation of Graco. These two combined mean that you really should get at least 3-4 years of use from this seat before you have to trade up to a larger forward facing seat or a high back booster. There are of course some drawbacks to the MyRide 65 LX but you would expect that with such a lowRead more reviews and check for the best prices