Britax B-Safe 35 Elite Baby Car Seat
|Product Name:||B-Safe 35 Elite|
|Age Range:||0 - 2 Years|
|Product Dimensions:||26.5 x 17.8 x 25"|
The Britax B-Safe 35 Elite infant car seat the slightly more expensive and high end brother of the Britax B-Safe 35. The long and short of it is that we love both this model and the cheaper version so it really comes down to how deep your pockets are and if you want to pay that little bit extra for the additional features that you get with the Elite.
Who should buy this?
The Britax B-Safe 35 Elite infant car seat can accommodate your baby from 4 -35 pounds (the same as the standard B-Safe 35). This means this rear-facing baby car seat is ideal for any young family with a newborn or one that is expecting one any time soon. The additional 5 pounds of weight on the maximum means you really should get 18 months to two years of usage out of this seat before you have to step up or pass this one on to your next addition J
The important stuff
- This infant car seat is purely rear facing and can accommodate your baby from 4-35 pounds and up to 32inches
- The harness is NO-rethread and has an impressive 6 height options
- SafeCell Impact/shock Absorbing Base unit
- Excellent side impact protection system/feature
- Safe dual crotch/lap strap options (pre 11 pounds and post)
- Base unit has 5 different positions and additional seatbelt lockoffs if required
- LATCH connector technology
- EPS and EPP absorbing foam used throughout the unit
- 4 different locked positions for the carrying handle to suit your need
- Good sized canopy for protection from the elements
- Removable cover
- FAA approved carry seat for use on a plane
- 6 years of usage (maximum) – obviously this can only happen if you have a second child using the seat
- B-Safe 35 Elite Infant Car Seat
- B-Safe 35 Elite Base Unit
- Instruction manual
- Best in class energy absorbing foam used throughout the infant car seat
- Extremely safe and durable LATCH technology for the connectors/harnessing
- Well known and trusted brand
- We believe the B-Safe 35 Elite is very easy to fix into your car and overall easy to use on a daily basis whether you are using when nipping to the shops or on longer journeys. As with the cheaper and less glamorous standard 35 the Elite is very easy to get in and out of the car and comfortable to carry, even on longer walks.
- As the weight limit has been increased from earlier models (and is higher than some other brands) it really helps you to keep your child in the rear-facing position for as long as possible. As you have probably read on our site and others, rear-facing is definitely the safest position for any baby to be in so it’s great to keep them travelling this way as long as possible
- For approximately $150 we feel this infant car seat offers fantastic value
- Excellent materials are used with this seat, as with all Britax products. The soft seating and great cushioning really provide a super comfortable ride. This is a bonus, especially if you are planning on some long trips.
- The base unit is fitted with energy absorbing technology to help reduce the impact on your little one in the case of an accident. This is something not offered by many brands and really helps to provide extra peace of mind to you and your family
What’s not so great?
- We find the LATCH straps a little on the short side and this can cause some problems on some vehicles, but NOT all. If you have any problems you can always just secure using the cars seatbelts
- If not using the base unit, finding the correct recline position can be a little tricky
- Changing the buckle position on the harness can sometimes be a challenge, but we do not see this as a reason not to buy this car seat
To sum up, we love this Elite model and the standard B-Safe 35 model too. They are both beautifully crafted and most importantly they are extremely safe as shown in our review of the seat. All of the materials used have both safety and comfort in mind and they come together perfectly to provide an infant car seat that any baby would be happy travelling in. We found the Elite to be super easy out of the box to install and use, especially when taking out the car seat from the car and then placing back in again. For us, if you are looking to buy a rear-facing infant car seat for your baby you cannot go far wrong with the Britax B-Safe 35 Elite infant car seat. As to whether you should get the Elite of the Standard 35, it probably depends on the current deal, if you can get the Elite for similar money then we would advise you to go for the extra.Read more reviews, check prices and place and order